The novel coronavirus may stop us from leaving our houses (temporarily), but it can’t stop us from continuing to build a global community across all borders. This seems like a good time to share a relevant project as the entire travel industry has been decimated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
I wanted to bring to you a special program from The Table Less Traveled, a company with the same mission that we built Oh Hey World and Horizon around: community through travel. I’ve known the founder, Annie Cheng, since high school and think the world of her work.
Without further ado…
Experience Interactive Cooking Classes from Chefs Around the Globe —in the Comfort of Your Own Kitchen
- What It Is: Live, virtual, interactive cooking classes with chefs and friends from around the world.
- How It Works: Pick a class from the calendar of events, then gather ingredients or have one of their preferred vendors ship them to you. On the day of the class, join the video call with a link provided to share stories, cooking, and a meal with their chefs!
- Price: PAY WHAT YOU CAN, suggested $0-$150 per class. The goal is to be accessible to everybody; we’re all in this together and hopefully we can be a bright part of somebody’s day by creating a global community around food!
- Partners: Chefs receive 50% of the proceeds for all the classes they teach. As one chef replied after sending them the first contribution for 3 classes, “Wow. That’s a lot of money. I don’t have enough words to thank you. This will cover what I would earn in 5 days, and I cannot work right now.”
- Who’s it for: Everyone stuck at home during social distancing. Everyone from families with kids who are staying home and need education and entertainment ideas to companies looking for team bonding experiences during their WFH.
From the comfort of your own home, interact with international chefs in The Table Less Traveled’s LIVE cooking classes.
If you’re reading via email, you can watch the video here.