I previously mentioned our product category product reviews for the small landlord property management sector. As the next step on our mission to help Geek Estate Mastermind members build wildly successful real estate companies, the goal is to help generate ideas, analyze what’s working, figure out what’s not, map the landscape, and to illuminate what opportunities might exist.
The 5 products being reviewing as part of the first series:
- Zumper Pro (GE member) – done
- Airbnb – done
- Avail (GE member) – done
- Cozy – done (released yesterday)
- Zillow Rental Manager (GE member)
In addition to dropping the Avail review publicly a month ago, we have two series updates to share today:
First, Avail announced some big news in the certainty landscape: a partnership with Steady, a Fortune 100 backed insurance company, to address landlord’s largest concern: whether their tenants will pay the rent. They will now provide landlords some of the best financial protection for their investment properties in the form of rent guarantee insurance.
Second, we dropped the product review for Cozy. The company was founded in March 2012 and is headquartered in Portland, Oregon. In late 2018, the company was acquired by CoStar (a commercial real estate company, and owner/operator of Apartments.com) for $68 million. At the time of the acquisition, there were over 120,000 tenants making online payments through the platform, totaling over $1.4 billion in payments over those trailing 12 months. As of November 2019, Cozy is handling $3 billion in rent payments per year.
Want to read it? You’ll have to join the group 🙂
PS: The founder Gino Zahnd was the first guest featured in the Meet the Real Estate Tech Entrepreneur interview series way back in 2013.
Particularly if you’re a founder or executive at a company playing in the property management software space, we’d love to have you join us in the Geek Estate Mastermind.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission).
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar).
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 200+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $109 / quarter
OUR MEMBER PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in-person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
NOT QUITE READY?
The post Dropping the Cozy Product Review (for Members) + Avail Introduces Rent Guarantee appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.