[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Radar for Geek Estate Mastermind members with a range of curated links and analysis/commentary that comes out every Friday morning along with member news to peruse. This is a summary for the month of August.]
With the Seahawks 2-0, a thunderstorm for the ages, and leaves starting to appear on the ground, it’s starting to feel like fall here in the Pacific Northwest. Let’s all make the most of the two-month window before starting to close up shop for the holidays.
- Asher Matsuda from HouseMoney
- Ryan Frazier from Arrived
- Geoffrey Green from REALLY
- Patrick McLoughlin from Digs
- Jorge Aguilar from Trove
- Court Cunningham from Perch
- Dana Bennett from REColorado
- Michael Hickman from Seven Gables Real Estate
- Roj Niyogi from HomeBit
- Ted Adler from Union Street Media
- Suzanne Mueller from Realtor.com
- Marshall Beck from BrokerAssist
- Judd Schoenholtz from Opendoor
- Wendy Gilch from Selling Later
- Prem Luthra from Elm Street Technology
- Sanjay Parikh from HomeBit
- Paul Levine from Sapphire Venturrs
- Eric Tsai from asteroom
- Marc Dickow from Core7 Real Estate
- Teresa Grobecker from reConsortia
- Congrats to Lane Hornung for the continued progress with zavvie, announcing 6 more brokerage partners.
- Opendoor is now offering home loans.
- Steven Wynands and Sasha Hryciuk both had their products recently reviewed by Inman News: Peer Reputation here and Loft47 here.
- Cool to see Chuck Hattemer explain OneRent’s “Find Renters” feature allowing homeowners with a vacant property to match with a qualified renter group.
- Great to see Greg Fischer & Caroline Pinal team up on the partnership between Giveback Homes and West + Main Homes.
- Congrats to FlyHomes for raising $141 in debt and equity to continue their expansion.
- Congrats to Pierre Calzadilla, Vincent-Charles Hodder, and Eric Stegemann for finalizing the Tribus-Local Logic partnership.
- Eric Stegemann and Dominik Pogorzelski have teamed up to make Tribus websites voice searchable using Restb.ai technology.
- Greg Robertson and Dan Woolley shipped HomeBeat to automatically send home value updates to past clients.
- Karen Abram, Steven Wynands, and Teresa Grobecker pitched at New Kids on the Block (locked). Well done.
- Congrats to Anna-Lea Dieringer for closing Remarkably’s $4.1 million round.
- Red Oak Realty is now the largest indie brokerage in the East Bay. Congrats to Aman Daro & team!
- Zillow partnered with Giveback Homes to help agents rebuild.
- David Harris from Remzy was interviewed by Inside.com.
- Estated Launched a New Version of Bulk Property Data Solution with Coverage on 105M Homes Nationwide.
- Compass raised $370 million.
- Drew Meyers dives into a new rent-to-equity model offering increased certainty to future home buyers.
- Rivers Pearce talks about how “Good enough” isn’t even close to good enough when it comes to the technology pillar of your business.
- Drew Meyers sets a new course for Geek Estate: smaller is better.
- Drew Meyers explores what would happen if every homeowner in America had a VC in their corner and Christian Sterner talks about how savvy content creators and owners are taking back their audience.
- Rivers Pearce argues that an agent’s highest priority should be the last impression: the closing/transaction.
AUGUST MONTHLY RADAR
There are 8 links and analysis included. While we published the full November Monthly Radar, going forward we’re only delivering the full version via email. If you’d like to receive the May Monthly Radar (for free), ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings by tomorrow morning.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission). A sample Transmission is here.
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar). A sample of the links and analysis is here.
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 165+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $109 / quarter
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.