[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Radar for Geek Estate Mastermind members with a range of curated links and analysis/commentary that comes out every Friday morning along with member news to peruse. This is a summary for the month of May.]
May had three events: a happy hour mixer in San Francisco, drinks in Chicago, and a Seattle lunch. We were excited to unveil our first dive into Blue Collar markets: Brian Adams’ wrote “The Undisrupted: A Portrayal of Blue Collar America.”
– Drew Meyers
- Michael Beckerman from CREtech
- Ronald Huiskamp from RelocationOnline
- Aaron Smith from Next Door Photos
- Calvin Cooper from Rhove
- Trevor Marticke from RealtyAds
- Michael Davidovich from API Nation
- Marnie Blanco from dotloop
- Mario Corona from Land on Earth
- Greg Robertson from W&R Studios
- David Herrmann from Sun Number
- Nikki Greenberg from Women in PropTech
- Blake Miller from Homebase
- Audie Chamberlain from LION & ORB
- Karen Abram from dashCMA
- Aman Daro from Red Oak Realty
- Trevor Mauch from Carrot
- Justin Bonney from Coldwell Banker
- Will Moyer from Zoe / Geek Estate Labs
- Rory Reiff from Zoe / Geek Estate Labs
- Chuck Hattemer spoke at Tech Estate Today in SF, and wrote a Medium article from the presentation, concluding, “Full-stack real estate services are the next frontier in Proptech.”
- Congrats to Alex Allison for the announcement of D. Alexander, a New Home Hotel Collection.
- Pascal Wagner and the Walkthrough team have joined forces with PlanOmatic.
- Well done Simon Chen, for securing ERA Real Estate’s Relationship With HomeAdvisor To Create Concierge Access to Service Providers.
- Congrats to Russ Cofano for starting a new team at Windermere.
- Congrats to Restb.ai for their deal with MRED to Become First Multiple Listing Service to Launch Artificial Intelligence Services
- Congrats to David Chesnosky for his new role with Compass.
- Revaluate released a white paper independently verified by Altos Research that says their “Likely to Move” Prediction Technology has a success rate of 19.5%.
- Module completed their first modular house, the Latham House in Pittsburgh. You can view it here.
- Eric Stegemann was Greg Robertson’s guest on the latest episode of Listing Bits.
- Lane Hornung’s brokerage, 8z Real Estate in Colorado, has expanded into iBuying.
- FBS was selected as one of 25 Forbes Magazines Small Giants, companies led by purpose-driven leaders. Congrats Michael Wurzer.
- Trading-In Contingencies
- The Last Of The Listing Lead
- Flipping the iBuyer Proposition
- A Luxury Market Failure Can Be A Boon for Blue Collar America
- The Undisrupted: A Portrait of Blue Collar America
MAY MONTHLY RADAR
There are 8 links and analysis included. While we published the full November Monthly Radar, going forward we’re only delivering the full version via email. If you’d like to receive the May Monthly Radar (for free), ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings by tomorrow morning.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission). A sample Transmission is here.
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar). A sample of the links and analysis is here.
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 165+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $97 / quarter (but will be raised to $109 soon)
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.