[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Radar for Geek Estate Mastermind members with a range of curated links and analysis/commentary that comes out every Friday morning along with member news to peruse. This is a summary for the month of April.]
April was a busy months for events. I spent three weeks on the east coast, and produced the first Geek Estate Mastermind Soirée in New York City. There were 30 attendees discussing the future of the industry while making new connections at PropTech Place. Thank you to MetaProp for the use of their office space.
Additionally, I attended CREtech Future in Boston, organized two group lunches in NYC, and Zillow HQ hosted our monthly Seattle lunch.
– Drew Meyers
- Andrea Ballarini from Fabrica
- Daniel Corkill from Follow Up Boss
- David Chesnosky from Veritas Investments
- Chris Lewis from Massive Property Group
- Ash Zandieh from CREtech
- Elie Finegold from MetaProp
- Warren Lee from Addressable.AI
- Erez Cohen from Knock
- Congrats to Ritesh Bansal for launching Verus AI.
- Keyo launched a Guarantee which guarantees rental income to residential landlords for tenants placed with their platform.
- Zillow announced home loans and a new Premier Agent logo & scoring system (locked).
- You’ve probably read about the commission sharing class-action lawsuit. Here is Russ Cofano’s take.
- Congrats to Buyside for partnering with RE/MAX Results to bring buyer demand insights to Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Avail announced a $2.5 million round of funding led by Cultivation Capital.
- Congrats to Sam DeBord for his new role as CEO of RESO.
- Restb.ai announced a partnership with Tri-State Area marketplace to identify and display every floor plan within their 300K+ property image library.
- Zvi Band released Success is in your Sphere, a new book with all proceeds going toward Giveback Homes. Talk about cool.
- Congrats to Dave Zirnhelt for launching Top Rated Agents of 2018 for 49 Canadian cities.
- BHGRE Metro Brokers Launched Buyside to over 2,400 Agents
- Subscription models offer the diversification that brokerages desperately need.
- The certain, total liquidity coming to houses and streets near you.
- A one week hiatus to produce the first Geek Estate Mastermind Soirée.
- Re-imagining the ground floor of real estate tech innovation.
APRIL MONTHLY RADAR
There are 5 links and analysis included. While we published the full November Monthly Radar, going forward we’re only delivering the full version via email. If you’d like to receive the February Monthly Radar (for free), ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings by tomorrow morning.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission). A sample Transmission is here.
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar). A sample of the links and analysis is here.
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 165+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $97 / quarter
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.