[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Radar for Geek Estate Mastermind members with a range of curated links and analysis/commentary that comes out every Friday morning along with member news to peruse. This is a wrap-up for the month of February with a couple articles from each week.]
In February, Geek Estate hosted a meetup in San Francisco that included execs from VerbHouse, Divvy Homes, Red Oak Realty, Side (formerly Reside), and zeehaus, and Upnest. Thanks to Kristina McCann and Pierre Calzadilla for their help organizing.
– Drew Meyers
- Chris Kono from Westward Capital Group
- Scott Roh from First Weber
- Guy Gal from Side
- Darryl Bosa from Bosa Properties
- Ashley Farrugia from ActivePipe
- Lee Weinstein from Brick Underground
- Teri Rogers from Brick Underground
- Richard Thomas from Rentl
- Brian Adams from Hood Homes Blog
- Courtney Cooper from Alate Partners
- Stephen Del Percio from AECOM
- Congrats to Kris Cone and HomeDiary for shipping their iOS app.
- Huge congratulations to Zvi for the company’s exit to Compass.
- Second Century Ventures Launches REach® Commercial Accelerator.
- National Association of Realtors® Announced Glenn Shimkus as their Technology Team Leader.
- Rich Barton is back at the helm as CEO of Zillow Group.
- Compass will send listings to the newly launched New York MLS (locked).
- Alain Pinel Realtors Launched a Charitable Foundation.
- Congrats to Lion & Orb for their partnership with real estate marketing firm Luxury Presence!
- RE/MAX Alliance Launches Buyside. Well done Charles Williams and the team for another amazing partnership.
- Simon Chen & team’s “Feed the Need” campaign collected over 53,506 pounds of non-perishable food items (44,588 meals). Props!
- Operators are the Future of Alternative Lodging
- Certainty by Verification
- Brokerage’s Mission Should be Ushering in the American Dream 2.0
- Uberizing Real Estate with Zillow Offers
FEBRUARY MONTHLY RADAR
There are 5 links and analysis included. While we published the full November Monthly Radar, going forward we’re only delivering the full version via email. If you’d like to receive the February Monthly Radar (for free), ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings by tomorrow morning.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission). A sample Transmission is here.
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar). A sample of the links and analysis is here.
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 145+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $97 / quarter
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.