[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Radar for Geek Estate Mastermind members with a range of curated links and analysis/commentary that comes out every Friday morning along with member news to peruse. This is a wrap-up for the month of December with a couple articles from each week.]
2018 was a transformative year for real estate tech that will likely be best remembered for Zillow becoming an iBuyer and Compass’ march toward “2020 by 2020” with the acquisition of Pac Union. To end the year, I took time to reflect on a few of the predictions and trends published a year ago.
In addition to another gathering of real estate innovators at the Lodge in Seattle, December saw a Geek Estate breakfast organized by Nate Smoyer in New York the day at CREtech’s event.
Category Product Reviews
- We released Part III (Zumper) and Part IV (Airbnb) as part of our small landlord property management series.
- Austin Heywood from Neighborhoody
- Suresh Srinivasan from Roofstock
- Russ Cofano
- John Helm from RET.VC
- Pascal Wagner from Walkthrough
- Bill Fowler from Compass
- Steve Johnston from Ideal Agent
- Alex Allison from dotloop
- GeoCV was included in Inman’s article: Do 3D home tours matter? (locked).
- Local Logic is hiring a Strategic Partnerships Manager.
- HoM was included in the New York Times piece: The New Normal: It’s a Buyer’s Market
- Avail’s Ryan Coon was interviewed on the Hustle Sold Separately podcast.
- If you haven’t checked out The Coolest Jobs in America videos from Growella, you’re encouraged to do so.
- Module received a Top 5 Innovation Award from Builder Magazine (Registration Required).
- GeoCV took home 2nd in the Imaging and Virtual Reality category for CREtech’s 2018 #RETAS.
- Going Deep in Hyperlocal with Video
- The Elephant in the Feed (Facebook / Privacy)
- Vendors not charging their worth and an idea for a Placester pivot
- Thoughts on Airbnb and Zumper as part of our Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Category Review
- DIY Agents Eat the (Corporate) World
- A Jolt for the Giving Landscape
- Looking Back at 2018
DECEMBER MONTHLY RADAR
There are 8 links and analysis included. While we published the full November Monthly Radar last month, going forward we’re only delivering the full version via email. If you’d like to receive the December Monthly Radar (for free), ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings by tomorrow morning.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission). A sample Transmission is here.
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar). A sample of the links and analysis is here.
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 145+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $97 / quarter
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.