It’s cold out there, and whether you’re snowed in or just looking to unwind, it’s the perfect time for game night.
Fun for the whole family or as a night in with friends, game night is all about friendly competition. Decor should be simple, drinks should be hot and the mood should be mellow.
Here’s a DIY and a recipe that are sure to charm even the chilliest guest. (Materials and instructions below!)
Card coasters materials
- Vintage playing cards – find them at a flea market or yard sale
- Panel of cork – pick one up at any craft or hardware store
Mulled wine recipe
- 6 cups of cider
- 3 cups of orange juice
- 1-1/2 bottles of red wine – a dry red is best
- Honey (to taste)
Mix ingredients and simmer until hot. Garnish with a blood orange wheel, an anise pod and a stick of cinnamon. Should serve 10-12 people.
Videography and photography by Mikal Marie Photography.
- 9 Tips for Achieving Maximum Coziness
- Quiz: What Type of Bar Should You Build in Your Home?
- Entertaining With Pets: How to Keep Them Safe (and Sane) at Your Next Soiree
Originally published January 2016.